Security in the Data Center - DDoS impact, awareness and attitudes
DDoS mitigation and monitoring is a high priority for service providers.
For today’s internet-driven businesses, any service degradation or outage can have a detrimental impact on brand, customer loyalty and the bottom line. Increasingly, such incidents are being caused by distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. When cyber attacks grab headlines in mainstream media, it is often as a result of an online enterprise, entertainment service or government organization that has been forced offline, typically resulting in significant business loss and reputation damage. In this report Megabuyte explores how companies are dealing with the ever-growing threat of cyber attacks and the market opportunities for DDoS protection vendors.
- DDoS is targeting and impacting service providers and their customers
- Multiple defenses are required for comprehensive security
- DDoS mitigation and monitoring is a high priority
- Service providers feel responsible for DDoS mitigation
- DDoS business opportunities exist