Inline DDoS Mitigation Eliminates the Need for Human Intervention: Reduces Costs
This Service Provider previously experienced frequent bursts of short duration DDoS attacks: over 1,200 incidents per quarter.
Web hosting, dedicated servers, VPS & Cloud services provider
The provider used small scrubbing center DDoS mitigation operation from a well-known DDoS mitigation provider. However, it was not able to keep up with the scale and frequency of the DDoS attacks that required manual intervention when an attack was underway, which led to unplanned server outages.
Corero SmartWall® Threat Defense System (TDS) with SecureWatch® PLUS
- Built-in DDoS mitigation allows the Provider to compete more effectively with other lower-cost hosting providers and helps them avoid price-erosion in a competitive marketplace.
- No longer need for manual human intervention
- Purchasing additional bandwidth capacity is no longer necessary
- Attacks are defended against without impact to customers
- The Corero solution can be scaled up as business needs dictate the extra capacity
- Availability and performance of the network has improved significantly