Network & DDoS Threat Defense
SmartWall® Network Threat Defense 120
Real-time DDoS Attacks Detection and Defense - SmartWall NTD120 Appliance
Disruptions to Internet-facing services due to Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks can cripple operations, impact customers and result in major economic losses. The SmartWall Network Threat Defense 120 appliance (NTD120) is an intelligent, always on appliance that inspects traffic, detects threats and defends against DDoS attacks targeting protected network resources. It allows service providers, hosting providers, and online enterprises to deploy centralized or distributed DDoS attack defense solutions via purpose-built network security appliances that provide real-time Layer 3-7 defense mitigation against volumetric attacks for both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic.
The SmartWall NTD 120 is a next-generation slim line DDoS protection appliance delivers 10Gbps full duplex or 20Gbps unidirectional performance in a ¼ wide, 1 RU form factor. It is a member of the Corero SmartWall Threat Defense System (TDS), an innovative family of security platforms that will change the rules for inspection performance, security intelligence and network forensics, while providing an unprecedented level of scalability for defense against DDoS attacks.
With varied deployment topologies, (In-line or scrubbing) the SmartWall Threat Defense System family of DDoS solutions utilizes a modern DDoS defense architecture to automatically, and surgically remove DDoS attack traffic.
This groundbreaking new DDoS defense appliance provides configurable policies to selectively enable a broad range of specific protection mechanisms to defend critical network assets against suspicious or malicious traffic types while allowing uninterrupted service access to legitimate users and applications.
The SmartWall NTD 120 also integrates the concepts of Flex-Rule and Smart-Rule technology to apply granular detecting and blocking filters to a very specific DDoS attack with ease. These rules, leverage heuristic and closed loop policy, allow for rapid creation and deployment, thereby providing customers with the ability to respond quickly to the evolving nature of sophisticated DDoS attacks.
Robust Security and DDoS Attack Defense
DDoS Attack Detection
DDoS Attacks Defended
|Volumetric DDoS Attacks
|Reflective DDoS Attacks
|Resource Exhaustion DDoS Attacks
- Malformed and Truncated Packets (e.g. UDP Bombs)
- IP Fragmentation/Segmentation AETs
- Invalid TCP Segment IDs
- Bad checksums and illegal flags in TCP/UDP frames
- Invalid TCP/UDP port numbers
- Use of reserved IP addresses
|Other DDoS Attacks
- Command and Control Operations
- NTP Monlist Requests
- Customized Protection with
- Blacklisting of IP Addresses
- Port address range filters (provides protection for generic TCP/UDP port based
- Rate Limiting Policies
- Flex-Rule – Programmable filters based on the Berkley Packet Format (BPF) syntax. These can be programmed to address a variety of attack categories volumetric, reflective through to attacks leveraging specific payloads (Teamspeak, RIPv1, netbios).
- Smart-Rule – Heuristics based engine leverages heuristics and behavioral analysis to track and rate limit L1-L4 attacks