Network & DDoS Threat Protection Appliance
SmartWall® Network Threat Defense 280
Real-time DDoS Attack Detection and Defense - SmartWall NTD280 Appliance
Disruptions to Internet-facing services due to Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks can cripple operations, impact customers and result in major economic losses. The SmartWall Network Threat Defense 280 (NTD280) appliance is an intelligent, always on device that inspects traffic, detects threats and defends against DDoS attacks targeting protected network resources. It allows service providers, hosting providers, and online enterprises to deploy centralized or distributed DDoS defense solutions via purpose-built network security appliances that provide real-time Layer 3-7 defense mitigation against volumetric attacks, for both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic.
The SmartWall NTD280 is a next-generation DDoS protection appliance delivering up to 80Gbps and 120Mpps performance in a 1RU form factor. It is part of the Corero SmartWall Threat Defense System (TDS), an innovative family of security platforms that change the rules for inspection performance, mitigation speed and accuracy, as well as comprehensive visibility, while providing an unprecedented level of scalability for defense against DDoS attacks of all sizes.
With varied deployment topologies, (in-line or scrubbing) the SmartWall Threat Defense System utilizes a modern DDoS defense architecture to automatically, and surgically remove DDoS attack traffic.
This groundbreaking new DDoS defense solution provides configurable policies to selectively enable a broad range of specific protection mechanisms to defend critical network assets against attacks of all sizes, while allowing uninterrupted service access to legitimate users and applications.
The SmartWall NTD280 includes innovative and patented Flex-Rule and Smart-Rule technology to rapidly apply granular detecting and blocking filters to DDoS attack traffic. These rules leverage heuristic and closed-loop policies, and allow for rapid creation and deployment, thereby providing customers with the ability to respond quickly to the evolving nature of sophisticated DDoS attacks.
Robust Security and Attack Protection
DDoS Attack Monitoring
Protection from DDoS Attacks
|Volumetric DDoS Attacks
|Reflective DDoS Attacks
|Resource Exhaustion DDoS Attacks
- Malformed and Truncated Packets (e.g. UDP Bombs)
- IP Fragmentation/Segmentation AETs
- Invalid TCP Segment IDs
- Bad checksums and illegal flags in TCP/UDP frames
- Invalid TCP/UDP port numbers
- Use of reserved IP addresses
|Other DDoS Attacks
- Command and Control Operations
- NTP Monlist Requests
- Customized Protection with
- Blacklisting of IP Addresses
- Port address range filters (for generic TCP/UDP port-based attacks)
- Rate Limiting Policies
- Flex-Rule – Programmable filters using the Berkley Packet Format (BPF) syntax. These can be programmed to address a variety of volumetric attack vectors, from reflective through to attacks leveraging specific payloads (Teamspeak, RIPv1, netbios).
- Smart-Rule – Machine-learning engine leveraging heuristics and behavioral analysis to track and rate limit L2-L4 attacks, including zero-day.