The demand for 100G Internet connectivity is growing exponentially as consumers and businesses demand more bandwidth and the global proliferation of IoT-connected devices continues. However, this scalability brings with it the potential cybersecurity disadvantage of increased attack magnitude for distributed denial of service (DDoS). As a result, the evolving 100G landscape requires an increase focus on DDoS mitigation.
This whitepaper discusses the drivers for 100G Internet connectivity as well as the various factors organizations should consider for DDoS protection in a 100G environment.
- Drivers for the move to 100G
- DDoS considerations when moving to 100G
- How DDoS attacks are negatively impacting network operations
- Why the economics of scrubbing centers are changing
- Reasons the complexity of DDoS attacks are increasing and solutions that are available to providers