The Internet-connected world continues to grow more complex, due to faster connections, the widespread adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) devices, and the use of cloud services. At the same time, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) threats have become more sophisticated and frequent. Whilst unlawful in many countries, DDoS-for-hire services are commonplace, inexpensive, and easy to use.
- Low volume, sub-saturating attacks continue to dominate (98% are less than 10Gbps)
- The average number of attacks per customer is up 16% year-over-year
- Attacks over 10Gbps have doubled in the past year
- The average attack is becoming even shorter, with 81% now lasting less than 10 minutes
- 1 in 5 victims suffer a repeat attack within the first 24 hours
Download this report to learn more about key DDoS attack trends in 2018, and to obtain top DDoS defense recommendations to implement in your organization.