The Corero IPS: Security in an Insecure World
The Corero Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) product family provides a critical component of the layered security infrastructure that enterprises require to assure that their business continues to thrive, and retain the confidence of their customers.
The Internet enables businesses to engage in commerce on a global scale. Enterprises can engage and serve customers anywhere in the world, at any time, in an instant. Web connectivity facilitates global supply chains, partnership activities and financial transactions. Consumers shop for goods and services from their homes, their offices, on the road - from anywhere. With this unprecedented access comes risk. The same network that is used by legitimate users can also carry malicious traffic attempting unauthorized access or an “intrusion”. No communication should be assumed to be trustworthy until it has been inspected and verified.
Corero Network Security delivers the most comprehensive, effective intrusion prevention available, detecting and blocking both known and unknown attacks without impacting network performance. The Corero IPS is a transparent, in-line security appliance that provides unmatched intrusion detection capabilities through a unique combination of protocol behavior analysis supplemented by signature-based detection.
The Corero IPS is remarkable for the lowest latency and highest reliability of any IPS on the market. Multiple appliances can be deployed in ProtectionCluster mode, which dramatically boosts performance and provides high availability in the very unlikely event of appliance failure.
IPS Controller software provides central management of multiple Corero IPS appliances, allowing customers to administer policy, updates and granular control in distributed environments.
- Protection against remote exploit of critical vulnerabilities
- Monitor and block spyware, viruses, botnet programs and other malware
- Defend against advanced hybrid and application-level attacks
- Provides P2P security
- Protection for VoIP infrastructure
- Blocks DDoS and botnet-based attacks
- Prevents undesired access via pre-defined acceptable access policies
- Proactively protects against threats while patches are being tested and deployed
- Improves security posture through acceptable application usage enforcement
- Enables regulatory compliance
- Protects against theft of intellectual property as a result of of undesired access
- Reduces IT hours fixing/remediating systems infected by viruses, botnets and malware
- Reduces downtime of business systems and websites due to DDoS attacks